As podcasters, we are blessed with one of the most intimate forms of media — we join our fans in their private time where few others are invited.
And so one would think that as podcasters we would be masters of communicating with our listeners. But for many in the fiction podcasting space, outside of our feeds, communication is an afterthought at best.
I get it. Setting up and maintaining an email list is more work on our already overflowing to-do lists.
But when it comes time to raise money for that next season, announce a live event or ask people to participate in something important, podcasters suddenly find themselves struggling to get the word out. This is where our feed can quickly fail us.
Here are just some of the ways I use email at Fable and Folly HQ that are critical for our podcast business:
- Send out our Alba Salix and Civilized Patreon perks to new supporters (automated)
- Deliver an immersive choose-your-own-adventure-backstory adventure for our dark comedy podcast, Civilized. (automated)
- Promote and track our Civilized referral program (automated)
- Stay in touch with our most beloved fans and fellow creators
- Drive traffic to new show launches and fundraising campaigns
- Onboarding of new producers into the Fable and Folly network